Thursday, August 6, 2009

Woes

The title itself is quite depressing. The experience is even more so. So, you are a law school student. You study in one of the premier law schools of the country. Good for you. But our batch was hit terribly. One word still sends me spiraling to gloom - RECESSION. Our immediate seniors had a fantastic recruitment. We saw lot of people being taken in by the top notch law firms, giving us the hope that in our time we shall also get some good placement-----BUT---- then something unexpected happened right out of the blue...... the economy started crumbling in. The global economic meltdown sent markets and companies spiraling out of the groove to losses. Our recruitment was shabby, it became a complete joke yet people got some good placement but mostly looked for alternate placement options. So here I am, lucky enough to land up with a job, feeling sad for those who are still looking for it.
Everyday I stand at the bus-stop waiting for the bus, feeling like a wretched creature, hating my life and longing for the golden days that were. Why? I ask that metaphysical entity that claims to be all knowing and what not, why is that I am always forced into a difficult situation one after the other? I know that I sound selfish but I do ask that I could do with some good times for a change. Why do I have to slog for my reward which inevitably turns out to be peanuts while some sod whizzes past me getting all what he wants and more.
So getting back to the bus stand where I am still standing and cursing and fretting my time, watching the buses cough and wheeze through the roads. So, here is my question: What is the purpose of being part of a premier law school student? My opinion is that it serves no purpose other than being academically ahead of other law students. The market is such that getting a work from a client itself is a headache. Orkut's fortune tells me that:Many of the great achievements of the world were accomplished by tired and discouraged men who kept on working. I am so discouraged and tired and still I am looking forward for some break through which would fill me with optimism and propel me to do extra work.
Hence I ask that Divine bearded creature that smiles benignly at our problems, WHAT THE F***? I question Him as I am not afraid of Hell or Devil or anything bad because I am in a living Hell myself and how bad it can be i ask sardonically. Lot was promised if His teachings are followed and I see that lot is paid by blood and tears by following Him. So many people who are in far more worse situations in life have begged, cried, prayed and called out for Him...while that sanctimonious bastard up there keeps smiling as if he is enjoying the pacifier up his 'pie-hole'.
So, as i get down from bus, and walk to my office, I ask myself yet again: who can help me? Silence. (the question echoes inside my head). I take a deep breath and put up a broad smile like our politicians and enter office to start another difficult day answering stupid questions of my idiotic men-hating female colleagues, whose sole experience of life is derived off those stupid mushy movies and saas-bahu serials; while thinking in my mind: Life ain't half bad as it is...lets see how worse it can get before i think of quitting it altogether.

No comments: