Monday, August 17, 2009

Kolkata Traffic

Here is another post on another item, which is I do not know might sound interesting but I am just penning my thoughts on Kolkata traffic. Some crazy ass cracker had sought out a survey which says that kolkata among the other metropolitan cities have the highest vehicle density per km. The policing of the traffic in kolkata is the worst of all. I am not talking about bribe taking but on the contrary they do not understand the concept of traffic guidance. They are random in nature and keep to their idiotic ways. No wonder the Kolkata traffic police hires complete nincompoops and pays them next to nothing leaving them to their means of survival. The drivers of Kolkata are another piece altogether. They know how to get to their destination but they have no idea about driving. For example they have to take a right turn but the bright driver finds some empty space on the left turn lane, so they shove their cars to that lane and creating another mess. Autos are far more easier modes of travel but they shunt their three-wheelers any spot they get while being over-loaded with passengers. In spite of any traffic jam they will jump lanes race down the roads to create a traffic jam. If blamed they will put up their usual face of being poor and hungry while most of them owns three to four of those machines that ply in the various parts of the city.
So there I am waiting in incessant rain for some vehicle of sorts that would be kind enough to take me home. I value public transport more because I kind of love control and get very pissed at these drivers. Who knows, but maybe I am worse than them but atleast i keep off the roads.

No comments: